I want. A lot of things.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busy bee's should be given free honey.

I've been busy posting to my "professional" blog and have been neglecting this one a bit - sorry.

But I've been working on wire wrapping. One of my favorite pieces I made for my cousin, and sent to her for christmas. It's a wire wrapped necklace that is a dedication to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - If you don't know this already - I'm kind of a nerd. I ended up posting it to my tumblr where a bunch of HP blogs got a hold of it, and at last count it 6,754 reblogs! I'm confident that if I could reproduce it I could make money - but who has time for that?


I've been inspired lately by the Christian Dior Spring 2011 Couture collection. I have a lot of favorites, but I think my favorite is the one below. It's just.. gorgeous. (Vogue.com)


Another major inspiration was the Elie Saab Spring 2011 couture collection (thefashionspot.com) Every dress in that collection was timeless and glamourous.


Just imagine Ava Gardner in any of those? I could.

1 comment:

Song Anh said...

That necklace is so awesome!! I should've taken that wire wrapping class. I missed out on so much! But you always know how to take something you've learned and make it 10xs better.

Cup of Fashion