I want. A lot of things.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ah a new year. With promise.

Yes, I won the YMA again. No, I'm not certain I'll be back in NYC this summer- though I'd love to be. So my resolution this year is to learn to "go with the flow" i.e. stop worrying stressing blah blah whatever.

Anyway. Here's what I've had my eye on lately.

This has pretty much been what I wear every day. An oversized warm boy sweater, my faux leather black jacket, black gap pencils legs, and high heeled lace up boots. Don't mind charlie in the background, and the dust bunnys under my bed.


All this gross cold wet weather has made me consider getting these boots. Don't laugh. Function is starting to mean something. I think I'm getting old.


I don't believe I've talked about tattoos on here, but I've recently discovered an artist that I am lusting over. I love this piece. Now more than ever, I want to go to London.


I've said before that I belong in the 40s and 50s but I've been truly inspired recently by these classic frocks, like the one below. I loved how feminine everything was, and how a real woman's body was celebrated. Not the rib baring models seen today.


I've been watching Rodarte since I saw the dress below in their Spring 2008 show. But I was very impressed by the work they did in the movie the Black Swan.

Rodarte Black Swan Sketch - my back ground right now.


My grandmother sent me a vintage beaded handbag for Christmas, and I wore it to a New Years party and painted my nails accordingly. It's hard to tell in the photo, but my nails are a silver to gold sparkle gradient, I was quite proud with how they turned out, and also how good they looked with my dress.

No comments: