I want. A lot of things.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Lacking

quote of the day:
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash."


And so here I find myself under the security blanket that is my parents house, itching to leave every second but wishing to make it last so that I don't have responsibilities for just a couple more hours.

mission make a pumpkin pie was successful today.
No tofurkey for me though, guess they forgot to put that on the grocery list. But there was still my favorite; sweet potato biscuits and mashed potatoes.

Tomorrow I will see my grandparents. I always view these visits two ways.
1) i really do like to see them, I miss them all the time
2) unfortunately every time i see them, they're are exponentially older. I see the pain of my mom mom's arthritis worsen. I see my Grandfathers hearing fade away. I see my mom mom's memory deteriorate. I see my grandfathers temper shorten. I hear the wheezing of my grandmother as she walks a few short steps across the room. I watch my grandfather fall asleep after a minute of silence in a conversation.

the latter of the two always causes a certain amount of wear on my parents, and myself.

No comments: